Amer Fort or Amber Fort may be a fort located in Amer, Rajasthan, India. Amer is a famous a town with a neighborhood of 4 square kilometres (1.5 sq mi) located 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) from Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan. The town of Amer and therefore the Amber Fort were originally built by the Meenas, and later it had been ruled by Raja Man Singh I. Located high on a hill, it’s the principal tourist attraction in Jaipur. Amer Fort is understood for its idiom elements. With its gigantic ramparts and series of gates, cobbled paths, the fort overlooks Maota Lake which is one of the main source of water for the Amer Palace.
The Palace is split into six separate but main sections each with its own entry gate and courtyard. The main entry is thru the Suraj Pol (Sun Gate) which results in the primary main courtyard. Amber Fort was the place where armies held victory parades with their war bounty on their return from battles and wars, which were also seen by the Royal family’s womenfolk through the latticed windows. This gate was built exclusively and was given guards because it was the most entry into the palace. The Palace faces east towards the rising sun. Royal cavalcades and dignitaries used to enter the palace through this gate.
Jaleb Chowk is an Arabic phrase meaning an area for soldiers to assemble. This is one amid the four courtyards of Amer Palace, which was constructed during Sawai Jai Singh’s reign (1693–1743 AD). Maharaja’s personal security-guards held parades here under the command of his military commander (Fauj Bakshi). The Maharaja used to inspect the guards contingent. Next to the courtyard were the horse stables, with the upper-level rooms occupied by the guards
A particular attraction here is that the “magic flower” carved marble panel at the bottom of 1 of the pillars round the mirror palace depicting two hovering butterflies; the flower has seven unique designs including a fishtail, lotus, hooded cobra, elephant trunk, lion’s tail, cob of corn, and scorpion, all of which is visible by a special way of partially hiding the panel with the hands.
The garden, located between the Jai Mandir on the east and therefore the Sukh Niwas on the west, both built on high platforms within the third courtyard, was built by Mirza Raja Jai Singh (1623–68). It is patterned on the lines of the Chahar Bagh or Mughal Garden. It is in a sunken bed, shaped in a hexagonal design. It is laid out with narrow channels lined with marble around a star-shaped pool with a fountain at the middle. Water for the garden flows in cascades through channels from the Sukh Niwas and also from the cascade channels called the “chini khana niches” that originate on the terrace of the Jai Mandir.
Tripolia gate means three gates. It is access to the palace from the west. It opens in three directions, one to the Jaleb Chowk, another to the person Singh Palace and therefore the third one to the Zenana Deorhi on the south.
The Lion Gate, the premier gate, was once a guarded gate; it results in the private quarters within the palace premises and is titled ‘Lion Gate’ to suggest strength. Built during the reign of Sawai Jai Singh (1699–1743 AD), it’s covered with frescoes; its alignment is zigzag, probably made so from security considerations to attack intruders.